One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Rockin' the suburbs

I'm a fan of Ben Folds and I felt like rockin' the suburbs this morn for some reason. It's a funny song, if you've never heard it.


I didn't walk this morning--was very disoriented for some reason (again) but I did ride the bike. That does count for something to me, so I'm feeling good this a.m. about the current state of affairs :). Let us see where the day takes us :::insert gag sound::::

Ok, enough of that.

Last night our power went out at approximately 9:20 and stayed off till after 2. I only know this because when said power went out, I was in the middle of washing my whites....only to have forgotten about them and be woken up to the clanging of the rinse cycle. I think it scared the crap out of my brother-in-law, he leapt (leapt even!) to turn it off.

I'm feeling a little punchy and sassy today which is a good thing I'm sure. I think it's because this morning my phone rang and it was someone I'd sent a resume off to. She commented on where I worked and asked why I left..which of course I didn't, which lead to why I was let go and when I told her that I was let go due to finances and that the joint was going under, she paused for a second and then went on to tell me that she was a member of that health club and that she was glad to know that and maybe it will go ahead and go under because she would really just prefer to join the Y (YMCA) closer to where she works.

Hehehehehehehheheheheheheheeh. This amused me to no end, I'm sorry to say. Of course she also went on to say that she doesn't use the club very often, but I did have this secret hope that she would be end up going to the work-out and telling a bunch of other patrons that it was about to go belly-up. Bitter and jaded? Ah yes, that's me!

So anyway, here I am about to head out to my mothers. I'm really enjoying the time we are spending together--growing up and moving out kinda gets in the way of that doesn't it? It's funny, I think back to how much we used to fight when I was younger, from about the time of my sisters first marriage (I was 14) till I moved out shortly after I turned 21, we fought all the time and we fought hard. I never would have imagined this sort of relationship with her, but it's great. I couldn't ask for better. We talk all the time because I WANT to not because of some feeling of need. We hang out because I WANT to and, it's just positively great. I love it. I almost don't want to find a job so I can hang out with my mom all day long..(kidding on that part)

Anyway, I'm off like a dirty shirt. Things to do, things to see and get in to. Holla! xoxoxoxo